Friday, December 21, 2007

Bloglines

I've signed up for a Bloglines account, and am impressed with the amount of information I have at my fingertips, should I ever have the time to read it all. There are a couple of pretty interesting library-related feeds, Library Juice and The Shifted Librarian (I got hooked on the Free Rice game for a bit). Library Juice publishes books about the intersection of libraries, politics, and culture and in a public library this is good stuff to be on top of. The Shifted Librarian seems like it is very much about culture and libraries and the future. I also signed up for Librarian's internet Index, also good for staying abreast of library developments.
I also signed up for a few personal interest feeds, including Harper's, a favorite magazine, and Alternative Energy blog, which has some pretty interesting articles. I threw in NYC book review (hopefully of use professionally), and a few other National Geographic-esque feeds.
My biggest concern now is whether or not I'd ever be able to digest all this information...

1 comment:

twhman said...

Welcome to the world of RSS :) You'll soon be addicted to the amount of interesting information at your fingertips.

You should also check this out: http://www.spokeo.com It not only tracks RSS, but it also finds and tracks your friends across the Web.