1. What was the most important thing you learned in Web 2.Huh? and why?Hmmm, that's a tough one, I learned alot. Perhaps the most important thing might be the excellent overview of the current state of web technologies we received, and seeing all the ways people can interact with each other. Also, learning that with a bit of caution and the knowledge to use a few tools, the web has become a warm and inviting place.
2. What was most challenging? Why?Keeping track of passwords! Also RSS feeds were kinda difficult because I really didn't like the set up. It was hard to know just what I was reading.
3. How can BPL use Web 2.0 technologies to deliver or improve library services?Well, we are already using Facebook for OBOB, and I noticed the pages have a Facebook group, and we published our SED video on YouTube. Web 2.0 technologies have excellent potential to draw the public into our services and engage the community in new ways, and round the clock through blogging, I think Librarything has great potential to develop community interaction around books.
4. How successful was the “self-directed” learning model? Is this a useful way of encouraging staff development?I enjoy self directed learning, especially for technical skills as I like tooling around with this stuff at my own snaillike pace ( not that I don't get the stuff, its just nice to be on one's own schedual for some things) . I definatly think it's a good way to encourage staff development, especially when staff is given the option to complete the tasks on work time or on thier own for a lovely bonus. Very outside the box!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi. I'm interested in this blog address and I noticed you don't seem to be using it. Please contact me.
Thanks!
Post a Comment